Caring for Your Irish Setter Boots
Protect your investment - proper cleaning and conditioning helps preserve the finish and life of your leather footwear.
For oiled leathers
- Remove dirt from the shoe by cleaning thoroughly with a stiff bristle brush.
- Scrub gently with Red Wing Shoes Leather Cleaner, then wipe off the cleaner and dirt with a clean cloth. Boots should then be dried naturally in a cool, dry place, as high heat can remove oils in the leather.
- Using leather cleaner reduces the oil in the leather. To re-add oil to the leather apply Red Wing Shoes Boot Oil or Mink Oil as directed.
- Add extra protection to preserve your footwear investment. Red Wing Leather Protector provides an invisible shield from water, dirt, oil, and mud.
For roughout leathers
- Remove dirt with a suede cleaner kit brush.
- Clean remaining heavy dirt with the rubber suede cleaner. DO NOT use leather cleaner for roughtout leathers, as it can stain and change the texture of the leather.
- Remove loose fibers with the cleaner kit brush
- Lastly, apply Red Wing Leather Protector spray to all surfaces of the boots. Red Wing Leather Protector provides an invisible shield from water, dirt, oil, and mud.